This privacy statement contains information on how ING Bank N.V. Hungary Branch (having its registered office at H-1068 Budapest, Dózsa György út 84/B, place and number of registration: Metropolitan Court as court of Registration, Budapest; Cg.: 01-17-000547) proceeding on behalf of ING Bank N.V. (a corporation organized and existing under the laws of the Netherlands having its registered office at 1102 MG Amsterdam Zuidoost, Bijlmerplein 888., place and number of registration: Trade Register Amsterdam no. 33031431) (as general legal successor of ING Bank Zrt.) in accordance with Section 24 of the Act CXXXII of 1997 on Hungarian Branch Offices and Commercial Representative Offices of Foreign-Registered Companies (‘ING’) treats and takes care of personal data. ING processes personal data of natural persons who are (potential) clients, business partners or suppliers, or acting in their capacity of employee, (managing) director or representative of them, or who are visitors of ING’s websites. Also, in the framework of ING’s financial transaction processing and handling ING processes personal data of natural persons with whom ING has no relationship. Clients, business partners, and suppliers may use this privacy statement to inform natural persons of passing on their personal data to ING and ING’s processing thereof.
Purposes of data processing
ING processes personal data for the following purposes:
- assessing and accepting of, entering into and executing of agreements with clients, business partners or suppliers, as well as executing payment and other financial transactions, recording and financially settling services, products and materials delivered to and from ING, including communication with natural persons involved in contracts (e.g. insured persons, beneficiaries, intermediaries), and dispute resolution and litigation;
- performing relationship management and (targeted) marketing to establish a relationship with and/or maintain as well as extend a relationship with a client;
- analysing personal data for statistical and scientific purposes, including analyses for the development and improvement of ING’s products and/or services, account management and client service;
- business process execution, (internal) management reporting and analysis including activities such as managing company assets, conducting internal audits and investigations, finance and accounting, implementing business controls, provision of central processing facilities for efficiency purposes, managing mergers, acquisitions and divestitures;
- safety, health and security including the protection of ING and client, supplier or business partner assets and the authentication of client, supplier or business partner status and access rights;
- compliance with laws and regulations as well as sector-specific guidelines and regulations including anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing regulations;
- safeguarding the security and integrity of ING and/or the financial sector. This includes (1) the detection, prevention, investigation and combating of (attempts at) unlawful or undesirable activities or conduct targeted towards ING, group companies of ING Bank N.V., clients and staff, or other financial institutions, and (2)the use of and participation in warning systems (such as internal or external fraud registers).
Personal data sharing with group companies of ING Bank N.V.
For the purposes listed above, ING may pass on personal data to other group companies of ING Bank N.V.
Personal data sharing with third parties
For the purposes listed above, ING may pass on personal data to third parties not being group companies of ING Bank N.V. such as business partners, other financial institutions, suppliers or other service providers, intermediaries, beneficiaries of transactions, courts, regulatory authorities, warning systems or other third parties involved in any of ING’s personal data processing activities listed above.
Transfer of personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
ING Bank N.V. and its groups companies are active worldwide. This means that ING may pass on personal data to parties in countries outside the EEA. ING will only pass on personal data to such parties for the purposes listed above.
Recording telephone calls and electronic communication
ING may monitor, record, store and use any telephone call, email or other forms of electronic communication for the following purposes:
- compliance with laws and regulations;
- being able to provide proof;
- to prevent, detect and investigate fraud or crime;
- assessing the quality of ING’s services; and
- training, coaching and assessment of ING employees.
ING may provide records of telephone calls and electronic communications to authorities to comply with laws and regulations and to the ING unit in charge of security matters and/or ING employees responsible for monitoring compliance with corporate rules and regulations.
Right of access/correction and right to object
Natural persons may
- request an overview or correction of their personal data processed by ING;
- object to processing of their personal data by ING for direct marketing purposes;
by sending a letter to:
[fill in full company name, address and country]
Written requests should be accompanied by a photocopy of a valid identity card.
Modification of privacy statement
ING has the right to modify the content of this privacy statement at any time.